Where Are We Heading?




Ok ok… So we are all impressed and excited about the wonderful – astonishing – dazzling – mind blowing – all new I-Pad!!! I have seen and read almost all the reviews available on google, you tube, other sites and educative blogs from a lot of tech freaks, and it seems I pad is no-doubt the most controversial product launch of this year.
Honestly, I love reading books and playing games, and I do require to constantly be online and on my mails as well. If a slat(sorry Mr. Herd) which is weighing 1.6 pounds (3 quarters of a kg), less then half an inch thick, and worth 25 grands can provide all of these facilities; as well boasts of a brand name “Apple” – I will probably buy it. However, on second thoughts (sorry Steve), I would rather consider waiting a little bit more for the actual slate to come in (you’re welcome Mr. Herd) – with my dear user friendly windows (you’re welcome too, Billon it, a camera, multitasking features and may be a competitive price! (- there’s no harm in wishing)

If you are interested in knowing new stuff, and can find some time to research, please find out the 6th sense technology being developed by TED, by one of their Gujarati Indian Developer by the name of Pranav Mistry. There are videos and information on you tube and many other sites about this amazing break through invention.
The big question is, “WHERE ARE WE HEADING?”

Imagine, a day of your life in the year 2025. A student “looks” at a sum and the 6th sense device hanging around his neck will display the answer on the practice book itself. You “look” at a pack of biscuits at the grocery store and the device flashes red on it reminding you that your mom is diabetic. You “look” at the poster of a latest flick and the device starts projecting its official trailer from you tube on the poster itself. Your wife “looks” at a shirt and she is reminded by this wonderful technology that you don’t like wearing pink! I mean, there is infinite scope for this sort of a technology to be involved with you life.

The only idea that genuinely scares me is, if this becomes an integral part of our day-to-day life in the next 15 years, don’t you think that the Evolution of the Human Brain ENDS AFTER 15 YEARS? We anyway use merely 2% of our brains, with a technological aid like this, or rather like these, it will probably reduce to 0.5%. If I have a technology which (or WHO) can think on my behalf, what’s the freakin point of having my own brain maaan?

I am truly amazed by this invention, and I undoubtedly believe this can change the way we LIVE in near future, but one certainly has to draw a line. I will rather my kids solve a jigsaw puzzle or a rubik’s cube on their own, then placing it on a Microsoft surface (sorry Bill) and watching the digital surface do it for them.

Once again, I think Pranav Mistry, Steve Jobs, Mark Herd and Bill Gates - all are Great men and we are lucky to have them around. I truly appreciate the genius of these minds and believe that what they have created is simply fantastic and a huge leap for science and technology. I am not a man AGAINST technology, but a man FOR human intelligence. Check out the various links below to realize I am talking NOW and not far far future.
Think about it! (-with your own brain and not with google)

God Bless!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is the only techy blog tht I ve written - no comments on this one!!!!
    C'mon all you tech-savy dudes - open up!!!

    Never mind if you dint understand the parenthesis!!!

    ReplyDelete

Liked the post? Share your thoughts as well...

How much SENSE does this make to you?

Join MY Friends List...

Search My Blogs