The UnTold REALITY...



Some day in February...

"DO YOU THINK SHE WOULD BE COMFORTABLE WITH US?" 


- That was the question my wife asked me on a late monday morning. Now the question was directed towards a 19 year old girl, whom my wife had just interviewed for employment as a maid for our household.

I know you would laugh at this - but read on, I won't bug you.

The reason behind this question was that the lady was wearing some sort of a religious thread on her wrist and her neck. Considering that we are omnivorous people, and further considering we are living in Gujarat and not in Mumbai or WB; her question was quite valid. 

Anyway, we hired her. A month from then, the maid came to know that my wife's name is Yasmin

- Yesterday, she confessed (i know this is not a correct word), so rather she revealed that she is a muslim!


End of the story
 


I don't know how anyone would justify this incident in his/her logical paradigm, but I am quite shaken and really disturbed with this whole thing. I know you may find I am questioning the obvious oxymoron of the society, but why the hell shall I not? 

Why should a poor girl, who probably knows about her or any other religion as much as she knows about India's approach to foreign relations; wear a symbol of some religion just to get an employment worth hardly Rs. 100 a day? 

And can we even imagine how many people in this free secular nation compromise on their religious/political/sexual identity in some or the other way every day just to live a smooth life? I am not pointing at any religion or a social segment in particular - but don't we ALL "let go" certain things - in an attempt not to create an uncomfortable situation for us or people surrounding us? 

Considering more then 40% people of this country do this kind of an activity - at least once in a week. That makes it about 20,800,000,000 (Two Thousand and Eighty Crores) incidents in a year! 

This is a tight slap on the face of Secularism and Liberalism - which we are so proud of! And obviously, needless to say - WE ALL, no matter which region we stay in, which religion we follow, which language we speak - are responsible for this to a smaller or larger extent. - Everyone of us who has created and is maintaining this society the way it is. 

I request change. I hope we would change. The only way to create a better world is to change ourselves. Each of us must contribute to this. Please accept a human being as a human being and not on any other grounds - or else you wont know on what grounds you will be classified tomorrow. I am putting efforts to make this change happen.




Are you???




3 comments:

  1. I completely agree to it, bro. We must make people aware about this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you guys!!!

    Thats the purpose of this blog dude... To make ppl aware and spread some info and experiences...

    U are most welcome to share yours' and I would be glad to write a story on it...

    Keep in touch!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Liked the post? Share your thoughts as well...

How much SENSE does this make to you?

Join MY Friends List...

Search My Blogs