Ayodhya - The fight over faith!


This has been the most difficult one to write. Very sensitive and very very controversial... I was honestly going to just avoid writing this post for two reasons:

a) There are a lot of facts which have been lost with time - and this is one topic on which noone should make any assumptions since they can be very misleading. Without knowing absolute truth about the matter, you cannot dare to write a conclusive and transparent post.

b) The more I researched on this, the more disappointed I was - this can be called the biggest stigma of Indian Politics. My brain actually started hurting the more I read and researched on this issue.

I feel like abusing some people, make personal comments and insulting the political and judicial paradigm of this nation which existed back in 1992, and has evidently improved now - but I will not be personal. I am writing this post being strictly an observer, a 3rd person.

I don't consider myself worthy enough to comment or conclude anything out of the available facts. So, I would simply share the knowledge in here - and I request YOU not to be judgmental. I visited more than 25 different sites and online books and video libraries to know more about the root cause and the most relevant solution to it. The only article that I found which in my opinion is the most rational is Eric Wolf's thesis on the controversy.


I have uploaded the synopsis of the same in here at the bottom. If you feel like reading it, start from page 18 and read till 31. Rest all is irrelevant (though interesting). If you are not so fond of reading, don't read it.

My solution (solely my opinion) : Construct a mosque and a temple on either side of the hill (the controversial land is on a hill - if you dint know that!) And construct a flag post on the top of the hill - hoist the National Flag on the top of it, and call it a day!

This will symbolize that First, we are one as Indians and then we are Muslims or Hindus or whatever. (Though I am against even patriotism - I support humanism! - The "One World" concept). I am quite sure neither Babar nor Lord Ram would have wanted so many people to die and kill others in their names or for their lands.

And frankly, I dont care what "they" wanted (there it goes... but I have to say this...) What I want, and I think what any common man would want is peace in his surroundings, a good system to dwell in and a democratically respectful and harmonious environment - which gives equal rights to all, without any sort of discrimination whatsoever.

I don't want to discuss who has done what harm; and I certainly don't want to play the blame game. All I say is, as a Hindu or as a Muslim - my responsibility is to create a better today and tomorrow. As a human being, I should think about a solution rather than wasting time on cribbing about the problem.

However, to find an appropriate solution, you should know the problem first. The following document strictly sticks to fact and helps us realize the problem. It also provides a hint about the solution. I think 95% of the people who read my posts wont bother reading it, and I dont blame them. In fact, I love you people... Be what you are!

If you do read it, start from page 18 and read till you get bored. Don't research any further on this issue unless you are 100% rational and 0% religious, the information available on web is extremely provocative and unnecessarily decorated.

And remember, its U and I who created the war - since its U and I who created the religion. And it will always be U and I who CAN and who WILL create PEACE!


May peace be with you! God Bless!


-- 



1 comment:

  1. I am actually thankful there are no comments on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Liked the post? Share your thoughts as well...

How much SENSE does this make to you?

Join MY Friends List...

Search My Blogs