One World - One Faith



Recently, on the 26th January, we celebrated the 60th Republic day of the Indian Constitution. I honestly enjoy watching the Grand Parade on tv and have also been to Rajpath personally (in last november), but every time I see this grand celebration happening across the country, my imagination train takes off.

Now I have nothing against the national days, of my country or any other for that matter. However, we as human beings - as homo sapiens should also celebrate our existence as a whole. I know that every country has its own national day(s) and every government makes sure that they celebrate the anniversary of a date in the history which has been marked in golden letters - since that nation achieved its freedom on that day, or may be they formed a new government, or they became democratic or united or divided or whatever the case be. But we as citizens of a particular territory never fail to participate in the celebrations related to our motherland.

Why dont we celebrate the creation of the "mother land" herself on some day as well? I am sure, all of us - no matter democratic or communist, left or right winged, liberal, conservative, or whatever we consider ourselves - are happy to exist. Arent we glad that this planet exists - or it was formed after thousands of years of nature's hard work? Shouldn't we ALL get together - forgetting our nationalities, languages, religions, and all the other differences that we can think of, and celebrate a WORLD DAY?

I have heard about Earth day (22nd April) - which has mainly to do with the palnet's environment as such (check out the above link). However, if we study in deep about John McConnell, I believe the message he was trying to convey had more to do with peace then environment. I like 22nd April, and also like the idea of "One World Day". Unfortunately, if I put "one world" on google, I get a traveling company and not a Global Concept! Together - We can change this...

I am in. Are you?

2 comments:

  1. You make a very good point - a humanity day for all of us to share in would be fantastic - Hope you continue to gain support for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate! Hope to receive participation from people like you to keep the cause progressing to new levels! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Liked the post? Share your thoughts as well...

How much SENSE does this make to you?

Join MY Friends List...

Search My Blogs